Monday, October 6, 2008

Not Stolen...

Phew! After a great ride thursday, up the Link trail 2laps around betasso and down the Link, I woke up friday morning to my bike missing and the lock just sitting on the ground near where the bike had been. I was devasted, not only do I commute to work everyday on that bike but I had my tires and rims from my Franken-bike project on the commuter so I could start going off road. As I was headed for the police station to file a report I get a phone call from my roomate, Clownboy, and he tells me he is the one who stole the bike. He took it to work, even though he has his own bike, and then got drunk and left it inside the bar he works at and got a ride home. Now I don't know what could have compelled him to take my bike or what would have led him to believe it was ok to leave it downtown but either way he had a barrage of tennis balls awaiting him upon return friday afternoon and one his cars may or may not go missing for a few days in the future.

At least the bike didn't get stolen, I'm thinkin of getting one of those locks pee-wee Herman used on his bike in the Big Adventure just in case...

No comments: