Monday, May 4, 2009

Stolen Bikes

So I took a while to post the race report mostly due to the fact that the biuke I raced got stolen. This bike meant a lot to me, I built it up over the duration of rehabbing my knee then it became a true project/race bike. I sanded and painted the frame, started with the drivetrain, Race-face Evolve XC X-type Crankset and BB, SRAM 990 9spd casssetter and 9Spd pwerchain. Next came the wheels and tires, Sun Rhyno lite rims and Panaracer Fire XC Pro's, got a sick deal on craigslist(also may have jinxed the bike with stolen parts...I'll never know). Then I threw on some Avid BB7 mechanical disc's on the front and BB5's on the rear(with an adapter for the Gary Fisher frame). I picked up and LX rear de-raileur online and an SLX front derailuer at university cycles, along with all necessary cables and housing. I used the stem and handlebars of my old Jamis and threw on some new Oury grips. Seat Post and saddle also came of the old Jamis and this thing was ready to go(see pics in post below). and alas it was taken from me while moving, I left it outside on teh 3rd floor outside the front door and bam, gone. Should have never left it out of my sight, that's the lesson learned but man does it feel shitty.

No comments: